White muslin gown





The regency dress almost everyone needs to have. This is another dress that went through a few incarnations. I was really interested in doing a front-opening design, but took a few stabs at it first.

My first attempt was a drop-front design, shown here:


The bodice front closed with a centre-front drawstring at the waist and neck, and then the skirt front waistband was buttoned and pinned in place.

This was n early project, and as you can see, the fit was off. I also put WAY too much fabric in the skirt. A few years later, I went back at this dress. I took out a panel of fabric from the skirt and used the extra fabric to re-cut the front and sleeves. This time I attached the skirt front to the bodice and the gown is slipped on over the head and tightened with drawstrings.

It's a fun dress, and very comfy and flattering. It's a good basic to have in a regency wardrobe as it can be dressed up or down with robes and accessories. 



About Me

My photo
I'm a recent fashion school grad, trying to make a living in a big city and look fabulous while doing it
Powered by Blogger.