Stripey bustle dress




 One of my first completed historical gowns! I'm about 17 in these photos. I found this nice striped cotton in the sale bin at a Fabricland for $1/m. I bought the whole bolt. Obviously this gown was far from perfect - the bodice went through a few incarnations and I was never entirely happy with it, and I really should have added a lot more trims for this 1870s style. Still, it was a very fun project and a lot of fun to wear.

It's a three-part gown. The bodice was from Period Costume for Stage and Screen, and the over skirt and under skirt from Patterns of Fashion. 


Alas it was a very summery dress and there never were many Victorian costume events when I lived in Nova Scotia. Here I paired it with a cotton velvet Victorian jacket I made, but it never really suited Christmas events, and was eventually given away to a friend.


About Me

My photo
I'm a recent fashion school grad, trying to make a living in a big city and look fabulous while doing it
Powered by Blogger.