Rule 63!5th Doctor




A group costume with a few friends of mine for Polaris 26. We wanted to do gender-swapped classic-era Doctors from Doctor who. Each of us had made the standard version of the classic costumes for earlier cons, so it was time to mix them up.

My 5th Doctor costume had never been my most flattering or comfortable costume. I am not exactly similar to Peter Davidson's svelte 6-foot build, so the very layered costume was always very lumpy and overly hot on me. For this costume I took several elements of the original costume and altered them to be more feminine (and flattering on myself).

I ditched the cricket sweater entirely. The shirt is the original from my first costume, but taken in slightly and altered to have short sleeves (SO much more comfortable under that coat). The coat, hat, and shoes are all the same from the original costume, and a made a brand new skirt of a great fabric I found on Ebay, much closer to the 5th Doctor's original striped trousers than the candy-cane stripe of my original costume. I finished it with a white belt, painted with small question marks to mimic the suspenders Five wore under his sweater.

A very fun and comfy costume to wear during the day at the con, and far more flattering on me than my original 5th Doctor costume.

About Me

My photo
I'm a recent fashion school grad, trying to make a living in a big city and look fabulous while doing it
Powered by Blogger.