Chemise dress







































There was a real fad for chemise dresses in the costuming community a few years back. And no wonder! They're a quick and easy project and look great. It's basically a long tube of gathered white muslin. I added a lace ruffle around the neckline and a self ruffle around the hem. I opted for fitted sleeves to keep it a little more streamlined. As you can see, this style really emphasizes my natural child-bearing hips, so I didn't want to add too much other bulk.

It's worn over pink linen stays and a matching petticoat (yes, just ONE petticoat, there's a lot of fabric in this style). I love the way the pink shows through the white fabric of the dress, which is a period style. I'm wearing it with a blue silk sash.

About Me

My photo
I'm a recent fashion school grad, trying to make a living in a big city and look fabulous while doing it
Powered by Blogger.