1920s Garden Party dress





 A white and pink patterned summer dress. I based this dress on a 1926 Butterick dress pattern, but I actually draped and drafted the garment myself.  The patterned fabric is a silk/cotton blend vintage print I actually found at a church rummage sale (find of the CENTURY). The contrast is good old 100% cotton. While it looks as if the dress function in two layers, it is actually sewn together at the dropped waist, and the contrast panel in the front is sewn in. It's unlined in the back.

I'm wearing it with pink quartz beads, a straw hat I found at a thrift store a few years ago, character dance shoes, and my great-grandmother's church gloves. The purse is also a thrift store find.


I made this dress for the Great Gatsby Summer Picnic at Spadina House museum in Toronto, and the event was fabulous. I was also lucky enough to wear it again at my first ever Costume College in 2013.

About Me

My photo
I'm a recent fashion school grad, trying to make a living in a big city and look fabulous while doing it
Powered by Blogger.